All About Qualified Domestic Relations Orders


When you need to transfer an interest in a qualified retirement plan, you’ll need to use a QDRO, a Qualified Domestic Relations Order (pronounced QUAD row or CUE dro). In QDRO language the person whose interest is being transferred is called the “participant” (because they’re a participant in the retirement plan). The person to whom the interest is transferred is called the “alternate payee.” It’s usually the divorcing spouse, but it could also be a child.

Read More

Related Posts
  • How to Know if Divorce is the Right Option Read More
  • What Will Happen to My Property If I Get Divorced? Read More
  • Mutual Consent Under A New Maryland Law: Separation and Divorce Read More